Winners of Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa’s Annual Service Awards 2019
31 October 2019
The awards are part of an annual global initiative to recognise and honour excellence among the company's service technicians.
Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa’s Service Awards are part of an annual global initiative to recognise and honour excellence among the company's service technicians.
Each year, Kyocera's certified technicians are encouraged to enter by taking an online exam to test their skills and knowledge of the company’s hardware and software products. The top service technicians travel to Midrand and undergo further theoretical and practical exams ahead of the awards ceremony.
This not only ensures that Kyocera’s certified service technicians know what they are talking about, it also creates a healthy spirit of competition that encourages them to stay at the top of their game.
“Every business, regardless of its size, needs effective support, services and systems to gain productivity and stay competitive,” says Paul Wendlandt, Customer Services Support Manager for Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa. “They do not want to purchase a product and never see the partner again. They want top-of-the-line products and the back-up, support, skills and expertise that can only come from working with skilled and certified technicians.
“Partnering with trained technicians is important to Kyocera as we have a reputation as a company that creates long-lasting solutions for businesses,” Wendlandt adds. “It is an important differentiator that our technicians can service and repair a business’s machinery to provide many more years of satisfactory use.”
The local Service Awards ceremony was held on Tuesday, 22 October 2019 at Little Tuscany in Bryanston. The winners were announced as follows:
Top service technicians
1st place: Anton Nell, MPU Copiers
2nd place: Christopher Wait, Omni Technologies
3rd place: Chris Schutte, Kokstad Copiers
In no particular order
Alan Benefeld, Page Automation
Cian Conradie, Universal Office Automative
Donavan Johnson, NRG Office Sol
Jacob Mphuthi, Copystar
Justin Hurter, Copy Link
Marcelino Johnson, Nasatech
Nikhil Lalman, North Holdings
Tjaart Bekker, URB ICT
Warren Diergaardt, Pansolutions Holdings
Top 3 partners
Universal Office Automative Solutions (Best Service Team)
As the winner, Anton Nell from MPU Copiers will fly to Europe to compete against other regional winners in the EMEA Annual Service Awards, which takes place at Kyocera’s European headquarters later this year. The top three achievers of the European Service Awards earn themselves the prestigious and sought-after all-expenses-paid tour of the Japanese headquarters and visits to factories in the Far East.
“Well done to all those who participated in the competition. The results were of a very high standard again this year. We wish our winning service technician the best in the international competition, and we are hopeful that we will bring this prestigious accolade back to SA,” concludes Wendlandt.
Get A Quote
- White paper: Optimised document workflows in healthcare
- Winners of Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa’s Annual Service Awards 2019
- Rochelle Ponen has been appointed as Hardware Product Manager of Kyocera Document Solutions SA
- Meet Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa’s new SADC Dealer Account Manager: Mpho Seisa
- Can the printing industry go paperless?
- Kyocera achieves #1 position for SA’s copier and MFP markets for CY 2019 H1
- Give me your money, I’ll give you your data – a modern ransom story and how to prevent it
- Kyocera launches new line-up of secure, user-friendly A3 TASKalfa devices
- Gareth Fletcher appointed as new Corporate Sales Manager of KYOCERA Document Solutions South Africa
- Kyocera celebrates World Environment Day with Japanese sustainability award for record ninth consecutive year