Leading FMCG organisation streamlines with enterprise content management
25 September 2018
Challenge An established FMCG organisation based in South Africa was running a time-consuming, manual process to manage pricing claims. Employees needed to capture the details of each claim on a spreadsheet, retrieve and print the proof of delivery slip, and then compile claims into batches of 20, before sending them to the accounts receivable manager to review.
An established FMCG organisation based in South Africa was running a time-consuming, manual process to manage pricing claims. Employees needed to capture the details of each claim on a spreadsheet, retrieve and print the proof of delivery slip, and then compile claims into batches of 20, before sending them to the accounts receivable manager to review. Documents went missing at times, employees were frustrated by the tedium and the loss of time, and there were often long delays between a transaction and the settlement of the claim.
Since this leading FMCG organisation was already using enterprise content management (ECM) software on processes, including scanning, storing and managing proofs of delivery, Kyocera proposed leveraging this existing solution to streamline pricing claim approvals. This would enable the company to address its challenges through a solution that could be implemented rapidly and at a relatively low cost.
The ECM software provides the FMCG organisation with powerful features to capture, track documents and streamline its pricing claims workflow. Kyocera, together with the customer, worked to implement the solution over six months, beginning with putting pricing claims in for larger clients onto the system first.
- The solution makes it simple for users to upload a new pricing claim with minimal need to input data and without needing to manually retrieve the proof of delivery.
- Increased productivity through optimised workflows and reduced downtimes. With the ECM solution, the processing time for 200 claims was reduced from about four days of work to just half a day for one major client.
- The leading FMCG organisation has better visibility into its pricing claim processes.
- Documents no longer go missing.
- There is less margin for human error to creep in as a result of manual data capture.
- The FMCG company is able to maximise the productivity of its team, without needing to allocate more people resources to work on a process that is not strategic or value-adding for the business.
A representative from the leading FMCG organisation concluded that the ECM solution enabled it to eliminate spreadsheets and busy work that had become a pain point in the business. Kyocera's team helped get the most from the existing ECM implementation and to use it to transform the pricing claims process.
Get A Quote
- White paper: Optimised document workflows in healthcare
- Winners of Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa’s Annual Service Awards 2019
- Rochelle Ponen has been appointed as Hardware Product Manager of Kyocera Document Solutions SA
- Meet Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa’s new SADC Dealer Account Manager: Mpho Seisa
- Can the printing industry go paperless?
- Kyocera achieves #1 position for SA’s copier and MFP markets for CY 2019 H1
- Give me your money, I’ll give you your data – a modern ransom story and how to prevent it
- Kyocera launches new line-up of secure, user-friendly A3 TASKalfa devices
- Gareth Fletcher appointed as new Corporate Sales Manager of KYOCERA Document Solutions South Africa
- Kyocera celebrates World Environment Day with Japanese sustainability award for record ninth consecutive year