KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of founder Dr Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine, love people
15 November 2018
For KYOCERA Document Solutions, one of the world's leading document solutions companies, the philosophy of its founder, Dr Kazuo Inamori, is an integral element of every aspect of the business.
For KYOCERA Document Solutions, one of the world's leading document solutions companies, the philosophy of its founder, Dr Kazuo Inamori, is an integral element of every aspect of the business. On World Philosophy Day, the organisation reflects on the importance of such a fundamental pillar in everyday life within the company.
For KYOCERA Document Solutions, the philosophy has always played a fundamental role in the organisation and management of the business. The belief is that all decisions should be made by considering the fundamental question of: "What is the right thing to do as a human being?"
Dr Inamori is convinced the only way to a prosperous future for the human race and our planet is to follow the principle of coexistence. This indicates that all living things depend on each other for survival, and inspired the corporate motto: "Respect the divine and love people."
Management within KYOCERA Document Solutions South Africa is therefore focused on collaboration and respect in all senses, including taking care of the environment. The latter is reflected in KYOCERA's numerous environmental activities, and is also recognised by the market-leading ECOSYS range as well as the ISO 14001:2015 certification for environmental standards awarded earlier this year.
"We are proud to follow our corporate beliefs in everything we do here at KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe, following on from the foundations first laid down by Dr Inamori almost 60 years ago," underscores company President, Takuya Marubayashi.
From management to everyday tasks, we always ensure we are following the concept of coexistence, contributing to a happy and prosperous future for humankind. In honour of World Philosophy Day, we would like to share our vision with everyone, a vision that all humans can grow together by helping and respecting each other.
The KYOCERA philosophy is a life philosophy that derives from experience and overcoming challenges. Dr Inamori's principles for life and work were influenced by his own struggles as a young entrepreneur. Now, the aim is to encourage employees to follow the KYOCERA ideology as "it will make them happy and help the business as a whole".
"As we set our targets for the new year, I will always remind myself of the philosophy to aim high: those who aim high will reap great success. When one sets a high target, all energy can be concentrated on it. That is the key to all success," adds Werner Engelbrecht, GM of KYOCERA Document Solutions South Africa.
World Philosophy Day, introduced by UNESCO in 2002, is celebrated through events and discussions around the globe to raise awareness of the importance of philosophy and renew people's commitment to this field. The goal is to foster philosophical analysis and research on contemporary problems, making it possible to face challenges more effectively, as KYOCERA Document Solutions South Africa employees do on a daily basis.
More information about the KYOCERA philosophy and Dr Kazou Inamori can be found here: https://global.kyocera.com/inamori/philosophy/philosophy01.html.
Get A Quote
- Kyocera achieves #1 position for SA’s copier and MFP markets for CY 2019 H1
- Give me your money, I’ll give you your data – a modern ransom story and how to prevent it
- Kyocera launches new line-up of secure, user-friendly A3 TASKalfa devices
- Gareth Fletcher appointed as new Corporate Sales Manager of KYOCERA Document Solutions South Africa
- Kyocera celebrates World Environment Day with Japanese sustainability award for record ninth consecutive year
- Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa celebrates Kyocera Corporation's 60th anniversary
- White paper: Alleviating printing pains in educational institutions
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity, aligned with iconic company's vision for the years ahead
- White paper: Enhancing automation in financial services organisations
- New partnership adds further layer of trust, security to KDZA's document management system