Kyocera celebrates World Environment Day with Japanese sustainability award for record ninth consecutive year
The company says its success is driven by combining its economic and ecological goals.
05 June 2019
Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa, one of the world’s leading document solutions companies, celebrates World Environment Day as part of the Kyocera Group, which was awarded Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Global Warming Prevention Activity for the ninth consecutive year, in December.
Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa is at the forefront of advocating sustainability in the workplace and beyond through its eco-friendly business approach. The organisation holds sustainability and environmental protection at the heart of its very existence.
At the end of 2018, Kyocera Corporation was once again awarded Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Global Warming Prevention Activity for its energy conservation efforts at Nagano Okaya manufacturing plant, as well as community-based environmental awareness activities.
This was in part due to the way in which the company operates, with the Document Solutions’ division showcasing a market-leading Environmental Management scheme. As a result, its success is driven by combining the company’s economic and ecological goals. These environmental strategies, also known as Green Management, resonate throughout the whole Kyocera Corporation and can be categorised into three different target areas, such as:
1. Green products, which promote a low-carbon society;
2. Green factories, referencing the need to minimise residual waste in factories and facilities; and
3. Green communication, which raises awareness and takes action on the need to conserve biodiversity by reducing harmful impacts on the natural environment.
This enables Kyocera to essentially coexist with nature and is the very philosophy that defines Kyocera and guides the company’s success. Established by the company’s founder, Dr Kazuo Inamori, the philosophy insists on the organisation’s duty to “respect the divine and love people”, as well as to “do what is right as a human being”. These have since become corporate mottos that have driven the company’s growth and determination to protect the environment in day-to-day operations.
Kyocera Document Solutions has made climate change awareness a central pillar of its day-to-day business. This has involved creating all devices and solutions with the environment in mind. The group’s ECOSYS printer technology reduces waste creation and presents one of the first cartridge-free systems for laser printers, which helps reduce environmental impact.
This is complemented by the Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa’s “Bringing Colour to Recycling” programme. This programme enables us and our clients to dispose of toner waste in an environmentally friendly manner, ensuring conformance with good corporate citizenship and responsibility.
Furthermore, the Kyocera Group takes pride in aiming to reduce the environmental impact of each hardware solution it introduces into the market. Kyocera Document Solutions leads by example through the creation of elements such as energy-saving toner, which works at 30ºC less than conventional products, requiring less energy usage.
To showcase a real commitment to taking care of the environment and striving to promote sustainability, the Kyocera Group has been a member of the UN Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative, since 2011.
Thanks to the Kyocera Group’s constant determination to operate sustainably in all its business divisions, it has achieved various environment-related honours worldwide. This highlights Kyocera’s outstanding dedication to protecting the world around us by ensuring a better and healthier future for the generations to come.
Get A Quote
- Kyocera celebrates World Environment Day with Japanese sustainability award for record ninth consecutive year
- Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa celebrates Kyocera Corporation's 60th anniversary
- White paper: Alleviating printing pains in educational institutions
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity, aligned with iconic company's vision for the years ahead
- White paper: Enhancing automation in financial services organisations
- New partnership adds further layer of trust, security to KDZA's document management system
- Kyocera Document Solutions SA partners with LAWtrust
- Remote maintenance and management tool shoots cost-saving lights out
- Kyocera named Buyers Lab's Most Reliable Colour Copier MFP Brand
- Kyocera addresses industry skills shortage through its support towards the Potters House Training Centre